Karate for Kids

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009- A Scary Start for My Family

Happy New Year is what everyone is saying now.

I say also, may God Bless you All for this 2009 year.

Unfortunately, I spent the first hours of the New Year in a Hospital.

My wife was brought by Ambulance to the nearest Hospital for a Kidney stone that caused her more pain then the most intense Labor contractions.

I myself am a Healthcare worker, so I know how the system works in the ER.

Lengthy waits and noisy rooms are expected, but RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL STAFF ARE NOT EXPECTED.

Here is what happened, the Ambulance brought my wife to the ER and I stayed at home to watch our 3 young children. When I found someone to come over and watch our kids for an hour so I could go to the ER and see what was up with my wife, it was about 3 hours later.

As soon as I get to my wife's room in the ER, she is complaining of INTENSE PAIN. She begs me to get the Nurse and get some pain meds. I tell the Nurse and she says, "She just got some", in a callous sort of way. I responded by saying, "Well it's not enough". My Wife continues to moan even LOUDER in INTENSE PAIN.

5 minutes later, the Doctor walks in. He does not identify himself to me. He Callously says in a Condescending way, "Maam, you've got to stop that, you just started that act when He got here and I got here". I WAS INSENSED! I stated to this Condescending Doctor that my Wife NEVER complains of pain unless it really hurts. He proceeds to tell me all the medications that she received. I stated to him, "It is not enough, so get some more".

The idiot Doctor leaves and 5 minutes later, another Nurse gives my wife some stronger pain medication that does indeed work and puts her to sleep. Thank God.

This kind of Condescending, Callous attitude by both the 1rst Nurse and the Doctor is a prime example of how many Healthcare, and many American workers in general do not understand CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Poor Customer Service by these Healthcare workers is one of the many problems with our Healthcare system.

People, especially sick people in the Hospital are not to be treated like Cattle. Pain is Subjective and needs to be dealt with SERIOUSLY. People are Not to be made fun of or automatically Assumed to be overacting and not really in pain.

I wanted to bop this idiot Doctor in the nose.

Well, 3 hours later they discharged her home and said that the stone should pass on its own.

Thankfully, my Wife did not have Appendicitis or something more serious.

I will leave you with some New Year's Resolutions:
Pray more this year. Read the Bible more this year. Spend more time with your family this year. Love God more this year. Learn something new this year. Lose that extra Fat this year.
Make more money this year.

Jimbo

2 comments:

Ted said...

Cheer up; Challenge, can anyone prove this wrong?:–

1. Constitution Article II requires USA President to be “natural born citizen”.

2. BHO’s website admits his dad was Kenyan/British, not American, citizen when BHO was born.

3. BHO is therefore not a “natural born citizen” (irrespective of Hawaiian birth or whether he may be a 14th Amendment “citizen” of USA) — as confirmed in the Senate’s own McCain qualification resolution agreed to by BHO.

4. Supreme Court has already docketed two upcoming conferences, 1/9/09 and 1/16/09 — between dates Congress counts electoral votes (1/8/09) and Presidential inauguration (1/20/09) — to address Berg Case and fashion relief on BHO’s eligibility to be President.

5. Since no facts are in dispute, Supreme Court rules on Summary Judgment to enjoin BHO’s inauguration as President.

6. Therefore, BHO is not inaugurated as President.

7. Vice President Elect Biden is inaugurated Acting President under the 20th Amendment to serve until new President is determined — the procedure for which determination to be set out by Congress and/or the Supreme Court so long as in conformance with the Constitution.

Ted said...

MESSAGE TO EVERY MEMBER OF CONGRESS:

When counting the electoral votes, either Congress finds by 1/8/09 that Obama, not being an Article II “natural born citizen”, fails to qualify as President whereupon Biden becomes the full fledged President under 3 USC 19 (free to pick his own VP such as Hillary) or thereafter defers to the Supreme Court to enjoin Obama’s inauguration with Biden becoming only Acting President under the 20th Amendment until a new President is duly determined.

The preferable choice, at least for the Democrats, should seem obvious.