Karate for Kids

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Baseball Season is Back. All is Well Now.

Ahh.. Crack.. That's the sound of Baseball back again after a long, cold winter. Yesterday was my team's opening day (Chicago White Sox). They lost but played a good game.
This is one of my favorite times of the year. Spring is starting, the weather should start to get warmer, which means one thing, Baseball.

If I didn't have to work and have other responsibilities I could watch baseball all day.

This year I am coaching my son's team for the first time. Calvin has played baseball for the last 4 years but this is the first time that I am his head coach. Today we have our first practice. I am excited but nervous too. Last year in August I ran a week long Baseball clinic for my son, daughter and about 10 other kids. It was great. The kids really enjoyed it. But coaching this year for the entire season will be my first time. I hope and pray that I am a good teacher and witness for Jesus.

It is this time of year that no matter what is happening bad in this world, I am happy because baseball has officially started. I forget about what Obama, Clinton, and McCain are doing because now is the time for Baseball, America's pastime.

Now if only the weather will cooperate and we will start to get some of that "global warming" that Al Gore talks about. LOL. Right now it is freezing outside (39 degrees). Come global warming come!

Jimbo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jimbo,

Certainly I can agree with you about the importance of the start of baseball season. However, I am shocked... shocked... by your flippant attitude towards global warming. (By the way, the correct term is now "climate change" because it turns out, the earth gets both warmer and cooler.) I have been listening to Al Gore for years now, and I am confident in saying that, "friend, either you are closing your eyes to a situation that you do not wish to acknowledge, or you are not aware of the caliber of disaster indicated by the presence of [climate change] in your community."

You see, all bad weather is caused by climate change. Hurricanes, tornadoes, lightning, rain, flooding, drought, blizzards, ice storms... You guessed it, all caused by climate change. Even the cold weather that prevents you from practicing baseball is caused by climate change.

There is only one solution. Send me several thousand dollars to purchase my carbon offsets, and it will never rain or snow again (unless you want it to), so your team can play baseball.

Larry

Jimbo said...

LOL LOL LOL
Larry, the check is in the mail to buy thousands of dollars of carbon offsets so I can play baseball year round.
LOL
Jimbo