Karate for Kids

Sunday, June 22, 2008

1rst Day of Summer---Ahhh everything feels right stepping outside

Of course most of my blog are political in nature but every so often I like to blog about some of my favorite things.
One of those things is Summer, in particular the first day of Summer.

The longest day of the year. June 21.
Baseball is in full bloom.

Warm weather is here and much more to come. Although with global cooling summers feel shorter now.
I graduated HS in 1988. Remember 1988, the hottest summer in many years. 47 90+ degree days in my Chicago area. Way over the average. Oh how I long for those Hot Summer days.
But, global cooling is ruining my summers lately.

I like it Hot and Dry. 90+ is perfect for me. Too bad we have global cooling; right Al Gore. Oh that's right, its global warming(I won't mention the fact that we froze to death in May), my bad. Ha Ha

I am coaching my 8yr old son's baseball team this year. This is the first time I have been a head coach. We are the Cardinals. We are 6-6 after starting out 2-6. We have won 4 games in a row.
It is challenging but so ever rewarding. I think I will do it next year too.

I hope all in the upper midwest enjoy this short summer.
Go swimming. Go to a ball game. Go bike riding. Go camping. Go to Six Flags. Barbecue outside. Enjoy good friends and family. Travel.

But most of all, spend quality time with your family.

Jimbo

No comments: