Karate for Kids

Sunday, November 30, 2008

NO MORE CHINESE GIFTS PLEASE

I lead our Church's AWANA program each Wednesday night.

In the past, I have given out CHEAP CHINESE TOYS to the winning team.

About 1/3rd of the stuff was broken, garbage.

This year, I decided enough is enough.

So I now hand out cold hard CASH $$. instead.

The kids LOVE IT.

I feel as though I am doing one small thing to defy China and our horrible free trade policy with them.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE the fact that almost NO TOYS ARE MADE IN THE USA.

We are outsourcing everything, toys, calculators, phones, electronics, clothes, containers, microwaves, power tools, vacuum cleaners, fans, Christmas lights, appliances, medical supplies, baseballs. The list is actually so long it is unbelievable.

I can't stop buying everything from China because almost EVERYTHING is made in China.

But the less I can buy from China the better.

I urge all of you to do your part in supporting USA manufacturers.

As much as you can, stop buying Cheap Chinese Crap.

Jimbo

No comments: