Karate for Kids

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Ron Paul is FOR Home Schoolers

Now I really like Ron Paul. I was looking at his web site, www.ronpaul2008.com and he has the strongest pro-home school agenda around. Here is what he says:

Home Schooling:
My commitment to ensuring home schooling remains a practical alternative for American families is unmatched by any Presidential candidate.
Returning control of education to parents is the centerpiece of my education agenda. As President I will advance tax credits through the Family Education Freedom Act, which reduces taxes to make it easier for parents to home school by allowing them to devote more of their own funds to their children's education.
I am committed to guaranteeing parity for home school diplomas and advancing equal scholarship consideration for students entering college from a home school environment.
We must have permanency in the Department of Defense Home School Tier 1 Pilot Program, providing recruitment status parity for home school graduates. I will use my authority to prevent the Department of Education from regulating home school activities.
I will veto any legislation that creates national standards or national testing for home school parents or students. I also believe that, as long as No Child Left Behind remains law, it must include the protections for home schoolers included in sec. 9506 (enshrining home schoolers’ rights) and 9527 (guaranteeing no national curriculum).
Federal monies must never be used to undermine the rights of homeschooling parents. I will use the bully pulpit of the Presidency to encourage a culture of educational freedom throughout the nation.
Now this makes me feel good, as my wife and I have been home-schooling our 2 kids since kindergarten and we will also home school our 1 year old too.
Ron Paul clearly believes in giving power to parents rather than the liberal, secular Dept. of Education.
This is why I am voting for Ron Paul in the primary, with Mike Hukabee a close 2nd.
Jimbo

1 comment:

Sonnet Schulz said...

I had no idea about ron paul having a pro-homeschooling position, good to know.