Karate for Kids

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Today's Iowa Republican Debate

Today's Republican debate was good. The moderator was horrible though. I was impressed with Fred Thompson's refusal to raise his hand for some stupid question from the moderator about climate change. He looked like a real leader there. Even though I am not for Romney and as some of you have seen my earlier posts, I don't think he is a true social conservative, he did quite well in this debate. I loved it when Fred Thompson said to Romney, "You're getting to be a good Actor yourself." I died laughing at the TV.
I was most impressed with Duncan Hunter. He seemed to be the most Pro-USA, the most Protectionist, anti-Nafta candidate there. All of which, I agree with.
On the other end is Giuliani, who stated that Nafta has been great, and that exports have "skyrocketed" from 9% to 11%. "Skyrocketed?" 9 to 11 percent?? This shows just how out of touch Rudy Giuliani is with working people who are seeing all their jobs being "exported" out of the USA. Giuliani is the WORST candidate running for office.
I was also very happy to see most of the candidates FOR school choice. School choice would be great for the working poor and lowest class people who are FORCED because they don't have enough money to send their kids to these HORRIBLE, SECULAR, GOD-HATING PUBLIC SCHOOLS. It is time for parents to have the CHOICE to send their kids to any school they want to send them to, be it public, private, charter, or home schooled.
Even though I like Ron Paul and Mike Hukabee, I didn't think they got their point across that well in this debate. I wanted to hear more on Hukabee's position on NAFTA and Free Trade in general. Tomorrow is the Democrat debate in case anyone cares.
Jimbo

No comments: