Karate for Kids

Sunday, January 13, 2008

My Son became a Man today--I'm SO Proud of Him.

I mainly blog about political issues but on occasion I will put personal things on my blog. My son made me so proud today so I felt that I had to blog on this today.
At Church today, the Pastor asked anyone who had problems with Bronchial Asthma to come up to the Altar and be prayed for. The Pastor then asked anyone in the congregation to come up and lay hands on those who had come up for prayer for their Asthma. My son (who is only 8 years old) without any prompting by me or any adult, went up and layed hands on and prayed for a gentleman who had come up to the Altar. I am an usher at the back of the church, so I didn't see any of this (I was told later after church by many impressed adults who saw my son do this). Calvin (my son) is so kind and caring for other people. Every day he ceases to amaze me. I was brought to tears when told what he did. I immediately went up to Calvin, gave him a big hug and told him how proud I was of him.
Here we have politicians too scared to stand up for the right and moral thing to do, but yet an 8 year old boy is 100 times more brave and does the right thing.

By the way, did I mention that this 8 year old boy is MY SON.
Jimbo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog surfing for Huckabee blogs, and this post just brought tears to my eyes. Awesome.

Fraud Examiner said...

Good for your son! That is something to be proud of.

Another item to inform because of misinformation about Mike Huckabee:

Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Adm. Mike Mullen stated on January 13 that he wants Gitmo shut down as stated in an Associated Press story dated January 14. It states in part…”he favors closing the prison here as soon as possible because he believes negative publicity worldwide about treatment of terrorist suspects has been “pretty damaging” to the image of the United States.”….and even though he is the top military officer…”He stressed that a closure decision was not his to make”…because it is in the hands of the President.

I saw the article on www.military.com as I have interest in this as one of my sons is in the Army National Guard as a Military Policeman and another son looks to be joining the United States Marines any day.

Mike Huckabee is on target in his position; unfortunately, he is receiving flak on it.

Rod Pitzer
Certified Fraud Examiner

Anonymous said...

Way to go Calvin!